The Florida Department of Health in Charlotte County is offering the Covid-19 vaccine to high-risk frontline healthcare workers and to those 65 and older via a drive-thru clinic.
Appointments are required and supplies are always limited – you can make an appointment by clicking here.
SIGN UP FOR NOTIFICATIONS: The CharCoCares text system provides local updates related to COVID-19, area resources and opportunities as they become available. This system will also be used to share updates and announcements about vaccine availability. Just text CharCoCares to 888-777 on your smartphone to opt in. The service is free; message and data rates may apply.
All available dates are fully booked with appointments as of 9:30a.m. January 6. We will provide additional updates on the next round of appointments when that information becomes available.
COVID-19 VACCINE LOCATIONS
Most Publix stores are now offering the vaccine, but appointments are required. To make an appointment, call (866)200-3468 or go to publix.com/covid-vaccine/florida
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- There is no fee for the vaccine.
- Identification is required. If you are a healthcare worker, please bring identification and a copy of your ID badge or a current paystub.
- Vaccination is not recommended if:
- – You are currently experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms or any other illness. (Please wait until you are symptom free for 24 hours)
- – You have had COVID-19 within the last 90 days. (Please check back after 90 days)
- COVID-19 VACCINE AVAILABILITY
- During the first phase of vaccine administration, vaccinations will go to long-term care facility residents and staff, those 65 years of age and older, and healthcare personnel with direct patient contact. Updates on the timeline for the general public
- will be provided as those plans become available.
- As it becomes available to the public, non-Florida residents will not be treated any differently than permanent residents of Florida.
- Charlotte County COVID-19 information page