Thank you so much for your outpouring of support at Saturday's Zaxby's Back to School Food Donation Drive...All I can say is WOW! and "Thank You"! It was a great event, and wonderful to meet so many wonderful, generous people! One gentleman showed up with a truckload of just the kind of foods the kids need to go back to school! Here are some pictures and a video from the event..
Everybody's talking about plastic straws and the environment. How big of a problem is it? Interesting article here says, not as much as you might think...
Koepka takes home the win in the 100th PGA Championship..Tiger Woods makes an incredible comeback!
After yesterday’s incredible final round in which—just as he did three weeks ago—Tiger Woods made another Sunday charge at a major championship shooting a six-under par. It’s safe to say Tiger is back.
With spectators chanting his name, Woods made a spirited run at a 15th major championship but despite shooting his best score ever on a Sunday in a major, 6-under par to finish at 14-under on the tourney he couldn't make up a 4-stroke deficit on the only thing hotter than the weather at Bellerive Country Club in St. Louis—Brooks Koepka.
Koepka shot a 4-under 66 to finish at 16-under par for the tourney, beating Tiger—who finished in second—by two strokes to win the PGA Championship.
That is Koepka’s second major championship this year and third overall.
Koepka now joins an elite group that includes Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan and Gene Sarazen as the only people to win the U.S. Open and PGA Championship in the same year.
Oh, and one other person, who was the last to do it in 2000.
- Woods posted his second straight top-10 in a major after tying for sixth last month at The Open. Woods' 64 was his lowest score in the final round of a major ever.
- What might have been: Woods made birdies at the 12th and 13th holes, had a 14-footer for par lip out at the 14th that knocked him 2 strokes back and then fired an approach to just a foot for a birdie at the 15th. He parred No. 16, couldn't birdie the par-5 17th because of a wayward tee shot and rolled in a 19-footer for birdie on No. 18 to put some pressure on Koepka.
- Final Leaderboard
Crows Trained To Pick Up Litter At Park
August 13, 2018
The birds get rewarded with food for bringing a cigarette butt or trash.
A French park has found a new way to maintain the grounds: free labor from crows. Rooks, a member of the crow family considered to be “particularly intelligent” are being trained to pick up cigarette butts and trash and will start working at the historical theme park in France.
The six rooks are encouraged to spruce up the park with the use of a small box that delivers a nugget of bird food every time the bird drops a small piece of garbage.
“The goal is not just to clear up, because the visitors are generally careful to keep things clean,” explains Nicholas de Villiers, with the park, but also to show that “nature itself can teach us to take care of the environment.”
Source: The Guardian
*LIST* The Weirdest Jobs Per State
New report reveals the weird jobs that people actually have
- 24/7 Wall Street reviewed job listing sites, online databases, and occupation data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to find the weirdest job or job opening in every state
- In California someone is actually a dog surf instructor, while Florida’s weirdest job is a scuba diving pizza deliveryman
- Other weird jobs include a dog food taster, professional sleeper, dice quality inspector and more
It isn’t uncommon to hear kids say they want to be firefighters, or even doctors or teachers, but we bet none of them have ever said they want to be a dog surf instructor. In fact, most adults didn’t even know that’s a thing, but apparently, it is! And it’s also one of several weird jobs that people in this country have.
The site 24/7 Wall Street reviewed job listing sites, online databases, and occupation data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics to find the weirdest job or job opening in every state, and while some aren’t that crazy, there are others that will probably leave you shaking your head.
For example, the dog surf instructor is actually someone’s job in California, while in Florida, it’s someone’s job to be a scuba diving pizza deliveryman.
Other weird jobs by state include:
- Georgia - Chicken sexer
- Hawaii – Golf ball diver
- Indiana – Airplane repo man
- Kansas – Dog food taster
- Michigan – Furniture tester
- Minnesota – Professional sleeper
- Missouri – Dice quality inspector
- New Jersey - gum buster
- New York – Fortune cookie writer
- North Carolina – Face Feeler
- Ohio – Odor judge
- Oregon – Professional snuggler
- Texas – Marketing Unicorn
Click here to see the weirdest job in your state.
Source: 24/7 Wall Street
Big Dog "Saves" Little Girl In Ocean
Big pupper "saves" his human while in the water.