The Las Vegas Strip is in a state of chaos at this morning.
At least one Las Vegas police officer has reportedly been shot and while we don’t know an exact number of possible victims, but all accounts so far – there are a lot. At last check, 26 people were reported shot, two of those possibly dead – and that number is expected to grow.
Witnesses and local news agencies are reporting that a number of people have been rushed to local hospitals with gunshot wounds from what some witnesses say were up to two snipers at the Mandalay Bay resort.
What we know right now is this:
- The incident appears to have happened during the Route 91 Harvest Festival concert – according to various reports, the gunfire began while Jason Aldean was on stage and many people thought it sounded like fireworks. They soon realized something very different was going on.
- Witnesses say that the sound appeared to be coming from the tower at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino and that the shooting was downward into the crowd below.
- One shooter has been confirmed as “down.”
- There have been reports of a second shooter, but that has not been confirmed.
- Aldean and his team cleared the stage safely.
Source: ABC News
Our thoughts, prayers, and hearts go out to everyone affected by the Las Vegas tragedy, and we will continue to update you as we know more...In the meantime, , here's what's coming up this week...
Join us at the North Port National Night out, tommorrow night, starting at 6pm...Lot's of free food, K-9 demonstrations, Fire Trucks, a kid's workshop with The North Port Home Depot, a helicopter landing and much more!
Here's how to get there!