The Back To School Tax Holiday runs 7/31 - 8/9, and here's basically what's included:
During this sales tax holiday period, Florida law directs that no sales tax or local option tax (also known as discretionary sales surtax) will be collected on:
• purchases of clothing, footwear, and certain accessories selling for $60 or less per item
• purchases of certain school supplies selling for $15 or less per item, and
• the first $1,000 of the sales price of personal computers and certain computer-related accessories, when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
This sales tax holiday does not apply to:
• Any item of clothing selling for more than $60;
• Any school supply item selling for more than $15;
• Books that are not otherwise exempt;
• Computers and computer-related accessories purchased for commercial purposes;
• Rentals or leases of any eligible items;
• Repairs or alterations of any eligible items; or
• Sales of any eligible items in a theme park, entertainment complex, public lodging establishment, or airport.
For more detailed information, click below: