Ever have a “perfect day”?
The U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council commissioned a survey of 2,000 American adults to find out common characteristics of an ideal day for the average person. It found the average person would be happiest waking up at 8:15 in the morning. A perfect day would entail a sunny, spring-like forecast with temperatures reaching 74 degrees, and respondents being able to enjoy three hours outside. They’d spend four hours with their family and three hours with friends, then come home and hop on the couch for another three hours watching television. The perfect day would end with an individual hopping into bed at 10:50 p.m.
– The survey showed we typically enjoy just 15 truly perfect days each year.
– It’s often the most trivial activities that make us feel the best: a long, hot shower; petting a dog; getting a haircut; ordering take-out. Here are the top “mood-boosters”:
1. Finding money in your pocket you didn’t know you had
2. Being able to sleep in with no alarm set
3. Lying in bed listening to rain fall outside
4. A small gesture of kindness from somebody in your life
5. Petting a dog
6. Performing a small gesture of kindness for somebody in your life
7. Realizing it’s a beautiful, sunny day
8. Long, hot shower
9. A meaningful, long hug from somebody you love
10. Seeing a friend you haven’t seen in a long time
11. The first sip of coffee of the day
12. Plopping down on your bed after a long, tiring day
13. Walking into an air-conditioned building on a hot day
14. Baked treats (cookies or cake or pie)
15. Listening to your favorite album
16. Watching the sunset or sunrise
17. Holding hands with someone you love
18. Getting new clothes
19. Cuddling your partner before getting up to start your day
20. Cuddling with your pet after a long day
**MY THOUGHT: How could there not be a single mention of beer??