You know what a car nut I am, so this really touched me. Especially because I owned a '93 Mustang that to this day I regret ever selling! The Feel Good Friday video you MUST watch...
Woman Wins $50K On First Scratch-Off Lottery Ticket
September 28, 2018
: It only took her one scratch-off lottery ticket to get a winner.
You know that phrase “beginner’s luck?” Well, it was certainly true for a Maryland woman who ended up winning a $50,000 jackpot on the first scratch-off lottery ticket she’d ever bought.
According to Maryland Lottery officials, the 56-year-old North Potomac woman was in a store with her son-in-law to buy Mega Millions lottery tickets and on a whim she decided to pick up a $2-million Fortune scratcher ticket, too. That ticket won her $50,000 and she’s going to keep playing, hoping her lucky streak continues.
“She was really lucky,” her son-in-law says, but she’s going to keep playing the Mega Millions drawing, adding, “She’s going to pick the numbers.”
This man can charm raccoons by playing a Native American flute
America’s Favorite Food Is...Pizza
: Survey finds pizza is the one food most people can’t live without
- A new poll finds that pizza is by far America’s favorite food
- 21% of people say pizza is the food they could not live without, beating out steak and hamburgers
- 25% of people say pizza is the food they are most likely to indulge in when straying from their diet
Everyone has that one food that they can not live without, and according to a new survey, for most people that food is pizza.
Now, considering the survey was commissioned by California Pizza Kitchen, we’d take the results with a grain of salt, but the poll finds that 21% of people chose pizza as the one food they could not possibly give up, followed by:
- Steak (16%)
- Hamburgers (13%)
- Tacos (11%)
- Pasta (11%)
- Salad (9%)
- Sushi (6%)
- Macaroni and cheese (4%)
Pizza is so popular among Americans that 25% of people say it’s the food they are most likely to indulge in when straying from their diet, followed by ice cream or a burger with fries (both got 18%) and fried chicken or tacos (7% each).
The survey, conducted in conjunction with National Pizza Month, which starts Monday, also finds:
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the celebrity most people want to eat pizza with (18%), followed by Betty White (15%).
- 22% of people wouldn't go on a second date with someone who ate pizza with a fork and knife.
- Only 36% of people believe pineapple should not be allowed on a pizza.
- 63% of people say they’d probably “swipe right” on someone who mentioned pizza in their dating profile
Source: USA Today
Kmart Reveals The Hottest Toys For The Holiday Season
Store debuts their annual Fab 15 list of holiday toys
- Kmart has just come out with their annual Fab 15 list of the hottest toys this holiday season
- The list includes some classic brands, like Hot Wheels and Barbie, and more
- The store’s 2018 print and online catalogs debut October 21st, and kids can make “wish lists” after browsing them
While many of us have barely gotten over the end of summer, others are already thinking about the holidays. That’s especially true when it comes to shopping. Each year there are toys that every kid seems to want for Christmas, and if you want to make sure you you don't disapoint your child, you probably should start looking for them now and K-Mart is here to help.
The big box store has just come out with their annual Fab 15 list of the hottest toys for the holiday season, which includes some classic brands, like Hot Wheels and Barbie, and more.
This year’s top picks include:
- Hot Wheels Mega Garage by Mattel
- Beyblade SwitchStrike Battle Tower by Hasbro
- Ready2Robot Battle Pack by MGA
- Hairdorables by Just Play
- L.O.L. Surprise! Bigger Surprise! by MGA
- 2018 Holiday Barbie by Mattel
- Baby Alive Potty Dance Baby by Hasbro
- Barbie Dreamhouse by Mattel
- Sunny Day – Sunny's Styling Head by Fisher-Price
- LEGO Super Heroes The Hulkbuster Smash by LEGO
- Vampirina Rock N' Jam Touring Van by Just Play
- Monopoly Cheaters Edition by Hasbro
- Nerf Rival Prometheus by Hasbro
- Disney Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Hot Diggity Dancing Mickey by Just Play
- Disney Sing and Spin Scooter Minnie by Just Play
And to make toy shopping easier, Kmart will release their 2018 print and online catalogs on October 21st, with kids able to create an online “wish list” after browsing through them.
Source: Sears Holdings