Don't miss this event!
A great example of that old saying, "play airdrums like nobody's watching." Even if they are. On camera. At a ball game! You have to admit the dude's nailing the song!!
U-Haul Offers Free Storage For Those In Hurricane’s Path
September 12, 2018
People can get a free place to store their stuff as they get ready for Hurricane Florence.
As those in the path of Hurricane Florence prepare for its arrival, U-Haul is doing its part to help. The moving and storage business is offering 30 free days of storage at 94 locations across the area to anyone who’s set to be affected by the heavy rains and winds that come from the storm.
"People are preparing to leave their homes, creating an immediate need for secure locations where evacuees can bring the possessions they wish to protect," says DougWeston, U-Haul Company of Western North Carolina president. "As a member of these communities, we are in a position to help by providing this service to our friends who are in harm’s way."
U-Haul companies are making 94 facilities across North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia and Georgia available for assistance. To find out more, contact your nearest U-Haul store for information.
Source: News 3 LV
The Real Reasons People Have Been Late For Work
September 12, 2018
Folks on Whisper confess to what kept them from the office
- A new thread on the anonymous Whisper App has folks confessing to the real reasons they’ve been late for work
- One woman couldn’t find her bra in her messy room, while another person got delayed by a morning poop
- One person’s quickie wasn’t as quick as they expected it to be, while another didn’t want to wake their cat who was sleeping on them
No matter how hard people try, and how early they leave your house, they're bound to be late for work on occasion and for some folks it happens way too often. While there are definitely legitimate excuses for being tardy to the office, the real reason some punch the clock late may shock you.
Well, now folks on the anonymous Whisper App are confessing to the real reasons they couldn’t make it into the office on time, and some of them are pretty funny, and in a few cases downright embarrassing.
Real reasons folks were late for work include:
- “I was late for work because I couldn’t find my bra in a sea of clothes on the floor. There’s a reason your mom says clean your room…So you don’t wind up being a grown women losing your job over a bra.”
- “I was late for work because I stopped to cuddle a stray cat.”
- “I was late for work this morning. The reason? I had to poop. I never poop in the morning. I didn’t realize how time consuming poop is.”
- “I was late for work today, wasn’t gonna lie to my boss. I told him straight up I didn’t set the alarm because I didn’t want to come.”
- “A few months ago I was late for work because the quickie wasn’t as quick as I thought it was going to be.”
- “I was late for work because I couldn’t find my wallet. It was under my bong.”
- “I’m grown as hell and I was late for work because I was watching 'Bob’s Burgers.'”
- “I was late for work because I stepped on a snail. I felt so bad about it had to bury it.”
- “Today I was late for work because my cat was sleeping on me and I didn’t want to wake her up.”
- “You know you’re not a morning person when you might be late for work because you couldn’t figure out the damn maze on the captain crunch box.”
- “I was late for work. The reason? Because a tune came on the radio. I couldn’t leave until the bass line dropped.”
Pat Robertson establishes a "shield of protection" over his properties and orders Hurricane Florence to change path and stay away from land.
Bear Twerks Bum On Tree
A bear uses a tree as a tool to itch his .....well, you know what!