A lot of parents are wondering about changes to eligible items in this years back to school "Tax Holiday Weekend." Click here to see the whole list from the FL Dept. Of Revenue: TAX HOLIDAY LIST
Our hearts go out to the family, and friends of Fort Myers P.D. Officer Adam-Jobbers-Miller...Let us all remember Officer Miller by doing what we can to help the family.
Please click below for the official Go Fund Me page:
“Burrito Girl” Brings Breakfast To CA Firefighters
This two-year-old is showing her thanks for the hardworking firefighters battling the Carr wildfires in California.
She’s only two years old, but Gracie Lutz is doing her part to show appreciation for the firefighters working to combat the Carr wildfires in Northern California. The little girl’s brothers, Kody and Colton, as well as her father, are among those dedicated firefighters working 24-hour shifts to get the blaze under control.
So when her big brother Kody finished a recent shift, he said he was “dying” for a burrito and that gave Gracie and her mom, Chelsea, an idea. They made dozens of breakfast burritos for the hard workers getting off the night shift.
Chelsea shared a video on Facebook (which we shared with you in a story we did about the fire) of little Gracie passing out the burritos while wearing her little firefighter boots. It was a great morale boost for the tired firefighters and Gracie seems to enjoy it too. Next week, the mom and daughter are planning to serve up spaghetti dinners to the CalFire crew. Chelsea explains, “We just wanted to show our support for them.”
Source: CBS News
The Wackiest Health Fads Of The Past Decade
The Bottom Line: New report looks back on the strange ways folks have tried to get healthy over the years
- Vitamin supplement company Swanson Health is celebrating their 49th anniversary by looking back at some of the crazier health fads of the last five decades
- Crazy diets include the Grapefruit Diet, the Buttermilk Diet and the Cookie Diet
- Then there are the Air Shorts, Buns of Steel and Prancercise
It seems as though we are constantly hearing about a new health fad that’s all the rage, like say the Keto diet, or CrossFit. As long as folks are trying to get healthy, there will be some willing to do anything to reach their goal, and over the years there have certainly been some crazy things people have done in the name of health.
Well, vitamin supplement company Swanson Health is celebrating their 49th anniversary by looking back at some of the crazier health fads of the last five decades and while some of us may remember some of them, there are plenty of folks out there who’ll be left shaking their heads.
Crazy health fads from the past five decades include:
- 1960s – The Buttermilk Diet – Had folks drinking six glasses a day
- 1970s – Air Shorts & Air Jeans – These inflatable shorts put pressure on the waist, hips and thighs, allegedly massaging and soothing muscles as people move.
- 1970s – The Cookie Diet – Folks got to eat six cookies a day.
- 1970s – The Grapefruit Diet – You had to eat a grapefruit at every meal.
- 1980s – Buns of Steel – Exercises that emphasized the booty
- 1980s - The Cabbage Soup Diet – Cabbage soup for 10 days. Wouldn’t want to be in a room with that person.
- 1990s – The Thighmaster – Six million of these were sold in the first year
- 2000s – Christian Bale Diet – Followed the actor’s apples and tuna only diet for “The Machinist”
- 2000s – P9OX – A 90-day intense workout
- 2010s – The Shake Weight – A device that shook while you held it, allegedly to tone your body
- 2010s – Prancercise – A combo of dancing while walking, made famous in this viral video.
Click here to check out some more wacky health fads of the past five decades.
Source: Swanson Vitamins
Bryce Dudal was delivering a Hungry Howie’s pizza to Detroit's Varchetti family this week when he noticed their piano and asked if he could look at it. This is what happened.
Teen Saves Man And His Eight-Year-Old Son From Drowning
A brave 14-year-old rescues his soccer coach and his coach’s son from a lake.
Jacob Boissonneault has been training as a soccer player with coach Donald Munro for three years now. The 14-year-old from Canada recently went with Munro’s family on a trip to Greig Lake where the coach took a boat out for the teen and his eight-year-old son Cohen to go for a swim.
The waves were pretty big and took Cohen under, so Munro jumped in to save his son, but the strong current made it tough for the two to stay afloat. He called to Jacob to start the boat and despite never having driven a boat before, the teen got it going and drove over to rescue his coach and Cohen. Jacob was able to pull his coach and the kid out of the water and thankfully, no one got hurt.
“I have this little guy that I’ve been mentoring and being his buddy for three years, showing him everything that I know,” Munro explains. “And he turned around and saved my life.”
Source: CTV News
Funnyman John Crist embodies every parent at Disney.
This is a fantastic program to feed kids during the summer months...it's called "COW" or Champs (cafe) On Wheels. It's a school bus converted to an actual fresh food cafe, going around the community and serving kids wholesome meals planned by an actual nutritionist. Click on the link below to find out the times and locations...simply enter Port Charlotte in the search box as shown:
Or you can text "FOOD" (without the quotes) to: 877-877