Special Radio Show I'm proud of!
I am proud to be part of a fast growing radio show on Saturday mornings - which is all about collecting, antiques, home decor, crafts, gardening and more - called Marc Speaking. Wanna listen in tomorrow? I think you'll enjoy it! Show starts after the news at 10 AM on our sister station:
Thanks to the radio show's success - Marc recently opened a local store called "Cherry Hill Home". It's a fantastic home decor store full of antiques and one of a kind creations! Visit Cherry Hill Home Fridays and Saturdays at 2811 Tamiami Trail, Port Charlotte (on the access road - same building as Labcorp, and straight across from the old Whiskey Creek restaurant)
Please help if you can...
Fort Myers Police Department Officer Adam Jobbers-Miller was wounded in the line of duty on July 21st, 2018. ***Official Fort Myers Police Department Fund set up for the sole purpose of helping Officer Jobbers-Miller's family with any expenses they may incur. Dispersal of all funds to his family...
Ever have a “perfect day”? A recent survey sought to find out common characteristics of an ideal day for the average person. The survey of 2,000 American adults, commissioned by the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council, found the average person would be happiest waking up at 8:15 in the morning. A perfect day would entail a sunny, spring-like forecast with temperatures reaching 74 degrees, and respondents being able to enjoy three hours outside. They’d spend four hours with their family and three hours with friends, then come home and hop on the couch — where they’d use another three hours watching television. The perfect day would end with an individual hopping into bed at 10:50 p.m. Also:– The survey showed we typically enjoy just 15 truly perfect days each year.– It’s often the most trivial activities that make us feel the best: a long, hot shower; petting a dog; getting a haircut; ordering take-out. Here are the top “mood-boosters”:
1. Finding money in your pocket you didn’t know you had
2. Being able to sleep in with no alarm set
3. Lying in bed listening to rain fall outside
4. A small gesture of kindness from somebody in your life
5. Petting a dog
6. Performing a small gesture of kindness for somebody in your life
7. Realizing it’s a beautiful, sunny day
8. Long, hot shower
9. A meaningful, long hug from somebody you love
10. Seeing a friend you haven’t seen in a long time
11. The first sip of coffee of the day
12. Plopping down on your bed after a long, tiring day
13. Walking into an air-conditioned building on a hot day
14. Baked treats (cookies or cake or pie)
15. Listening to your favorite album
16. Watching the sunset or sunrise
17. Holding hands with someone you love
18. Getting new clothes
19. Cuddling your partner before getting up to start your day
20. Cuddling with your pet after a long day
Money Is Stressing Us Out
July 27, 2018
: Survey reveals the role finances play on relationships and more
- A poll finds that 34% of people are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with finances a major cause of stress for most people
- One third of married couples say they actually argue about money at least once a month
- 44% of divorced couples say they had money-related arguments during their marriage while 42% of divorcees say their financial well-being improved after their divorce
It's no secret that money can cause some major stress for folks, and a new survey reveals just how bad things can get.
A poll by TD Bank finds that 34% of people are living paycheck-to-paycheck, with finances a major cause of stress for most folks. Overall, anxiety about retirement is the biggest financial stressor (18%), followed by not being able to provide for their family (14%) and not being able to pay off debt (12%).
And when it comes to relationships, money can come between partners quite easily. While 60% of those in committed relationships say they talk about money with their significant other at least once a week, one third of married couples say they actually argue about money at least once a month.
As if proof money problems can be a major problem in a relationship, 44% of divorced couples say they had money-related arguments during their marriage. On the bright side, 42% of divorcees say their financial well-being improved after their divorce, with 43% of women and 42% of men seeing an improvement.
- Interestingly, when it comes to money and dating, it seems a lot of old fashioned rules still apply. For example, 84% of committed men say they picked up the bill on the first date, while 63% of committed men say they pay for all meals and drinks. What’s more, only 32% of couples split the bill on a regular basis.
Source: Yahoo Finance
The multitude of ways you are forced to wake up in the morning.
He tried everything...and nothing worked. Until now.
Five different bread gadgets are put to the test to see how well they work.
This is a fantastic program to feed kids during the summer months...it's called "COW" or Champs (cafe) On Wheels. It's a school bus converted to an actual fresh food cafe, going around the community and serving kids wholesome meals planned by an actual nutritionist. Click on the link below to find out the times and locations...simply enter Port Charlotte in the search box as shown:
Or you can text "FOOD" (without the quotes) to: 877-877