Clean Freaks Cares Here's how you can help Clean Freaks help our Veterans in need...Click the blue "Clean Freaks Cares" above to help out!
- Jerry Lewis has died at the age of 91
- He was best know for his comedy and his annual charity telethon
- He has also been a polarizing figure over the years
The entertainment world has lost an icon as Jerry Lewishas died at the age of 91. Over his seven decades in show business, Lewis conquer everything from Las Vegas to Hollywood.
Lewis got his big break when he teamed up with Dean Martin in 1946. The pair worked together for 10 years, starring in films such as "My Friend Irma,” “The Caddy,” and “The Stooge.” The two parted ways in 1956 and it was not exactly amicable. Over the years, however, Lewis and Martin reconciled, including after Dean's son died in 1987.
After going solo, Lewis developed a Las Vegas act that he would perfect throughout the rest of his life. He performed in Sin City until last year. Lewis also took to Hollywood, starring in such comedic classics as “The Nutty Professor” and “The Bellboy" and much later Lewis would appear in "Law & Order: SVU" and lend his voice to an episode of "The Simpsons."
- If you didn't know him from the movies, chances are you knew Jerry Lewis thanks to his annual telethon benefitting the Muscular Dystrophy Association. From its creation in 1966 through 2009, the last year Lewis hosted his annual telethon, he raised a whopping $2.5-billion for the organization.
- Lewis' life did not come without controversy, however. He was known to make racist and misogynistic jokes and was forced to apologize after using a gay slur on camera during the 2007 telethon...and again for using the same word the following year. He also battled numerous illnesses and a prescription drug dependency over the years.
- Lewis had seven children. He and former band singer Patti Palmer had six sons throughout their 36-year marriage. Lewis is survived by his second wife, SanDee Pitnick, with whom he adopted a daughter.
As far as we know, there is no official eclipse song. If there were, this would be it! Are we not men? We are...headed to the eye doctor!! (Devo fans will get that instantly)
The solar eclipse is today, Here's an explanation of what happens from National Geographic! Pay attention, science nerds!
Pizza Hut posts tutorial on turning pizza box into a pinhole projector for today’s eclipse
- The much-talked about solar eclipse is happening this afternoon
- Pizza Hut has shared a tutorial on how to turn a pizza box into a pinhole projector to watch it safely
- You can really turn any two pieces of cardboard into a projector
If you waited too long to get a pair of glasses to watch today’s solar eclipse, there’s still time to save your eyes from this afternoon’s event, and all you need to do is run to your local pizza place and order a pie.
Pizza Hut recently released a video showing folks how to turn their pizza box into a pinhole projector to use for watching the eclipse safely. All you need to create one, in addition to a pizza box, is aluminum foil, scissors, a pen, tape and some unlined white paper.
Of course, a pizza box isn’t the only thing you can use to make a pinhole projector. Cereal boxes or any two pieces of cardboard will do. Check out Pizza Hut’s tutorial below
Source: Fox News