Good Morning from John Grabau!
A Colorado search and rescue team was able to locate a lost pair of hikers in only a few hours using a drone.
Technology helped rescue two men and their dog who got lost when hiking the Devil’s Head trail in Colorado. The men had limited cell service, so thankfully they were able to call 911. But instead of an all-night search with lots of volunteers, Douglas County Search and Rescue Team used a drone to find them - and it only took a few hours!
And not only did the drone help find the lost hikers faster, the technology is a lot more budget friendly for their all-volunteer team that’s funded primarily on donations.
“Now, scientifically we try to plot out a lot more where the subject is,” Incident Commander Bruce Fosdick explains. “We use a lot of different assets. Dogs, drones, helicopters. We try to do a lot more with a lot less people and try to get it done a lot quicker.”
Source: Sunny Skyz
Morgan’s Inspiration Island in San Antonio, Texas is is an amazing new water park built to let disabled kids and their families enjoy the fun, too.
The most handicap-accessible water park in the U.S. has opened in San Antonio, Texas. Morgan’s Inspiration Island has dozens of features for kids with disabilities and with sensory issues - including waterproof wheelchairs that are available for free!
The $17 million park is a nonprofit organization and they offer passes to kids who have trouble waiting in line, can adjust the water temperature for those with sensory issues, and the water is constantly filtered and reused for kids with immune issues.
All rides are wheelchair accessible, and each visitor with disabilities gets free admission! And kids who tend to wander get waterproof wristbands with GPS so parents and staff can find them in a hurry if they need to.
The water park is an extension of the theme park next door, Morgan’s Wonderland, which was also designed with those with special needs in mind. Dozens of physical therapists, doctors, caregivers, and families with disabilities were consulted to ensure this park offers an amazing experience for everyone.
Source: Good News Network
New report reveals customer satisfaction levels with restaurants, names favorite fast food and restaurant chains
- The annual American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) finds that customer satisfaction with fast food chains remains steady this year, once again scoring a 79 out of 100
- Chick-fil-A is America’s top fast food restaurant for another year, seeing an increase of one point in their ACSI rating to an 87
- McDonald’s is still America’s least favorite fast food chain, scoring a 69 out of 100
- Full service restaurant satisfaction is on the decline, with Cracker Barrel the top restaurant and Red Robin the least favorite
While people may be healthier these days, they really aren’t giving up their fast food, and it seems they are still pretty satisfied with what they’re eating. The annual American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), finds that overall customer satisfaction with fast food chains remains steady scoring a 79 out of 100, the same rating it got last year.
As for America’s favorite fast food chain, once again that honor goes to Chick-fil-A, which holds on to its 87 rating from last year. Coming in second is Panera Bread and Papa John’s at 82, a one point increase for Panera. As for the bottom of the barrel, McDonald’s still comes in dead last with an ACSI score of only 69.
- For full service restaurants, overall customer satisfaction is on the decline, down 3.7% from last year, scoring only a 78. For a second year in a row, Cracker Barrel tops the list with a score of 84, an increase of one point from last year, with Texas Roadhouse in second (82) and Olive Garden and Red Lobster tied for third (81). As for the restaurant disappointing customers the most, that would be Red Robin, with a score of 73, which is a decrease of 9% from last year.
How It Should Have Ended" created an alternate ending of the very popular Pixar movie "Moana."
Post apocalyptic style Little Tykes and adorable babies are a few of the things needed to make an amazing, kid friendly parody of the "Mad Max" movie... see for yourself.
Three little raccoons join a man on his fishing trip in a local creek.
Tiger Woods says he's getting professional help with his prescription drugs.
- Tiger Woods got arrested last month for DUI.
- He’s now going to rehab to get help for his problem with prescription drugs.
- He shared the info on Twitter.
Tiger Woods is finally going to rehab after being arrested for a DUI last month. He took to Twitter to tell us about his issues with prescription drugs.
The pro golfer said, “I'm currently receiving professional help to manage my medications and the ways that I deal with back pain and a sleep disorder. I want to thank everyone for the amazing outpouring of support and understanding especially the fans and players on tour.”
Tiger was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence in Jupiter, Florida on May 29th.
Source: Us Weekly