Oregon 93-year-old has been delivering for Meals On Wheels for 16 years.
Murel Johnson has been volunteering with the Meals on Wheels program in Lake Oswego, Oregon for 16 years, taking hot-meals to seniors and people with disabilities every Friday. At 93-years-old, she’s the oldest driver they have, but she’s also one of the most reliable, only missing one day due to snow.
Her weekly delivery is 20 meals at 10 stops and she’s gotten close to the people she brings food to, even baking her own treats for them during the holidays. "You make friends, you know," she said. "You get interested in people and their lives and how they're doing."
Johnson has lived in Lake Oswego since 1948 and got involved with the Meals on Wheels program after her husband died and wanted to get busy giving back to a good cause. And she’s a great inspiration for us to volunteer in our communities - because if she can do it at 93, then we can do it, too.
Source: Oregon Live
Ft. Lauderdale, Daytona, and Panama City didn't make the list....
- “Lonely Planet” has just come out with their picks for the Top Ten Spring Break destinations this year
- They offer a variety of unique destinations, which may be a little less crowded, and maybe even more affordable, than your typical Spring Break hotspots
- Destinations include The Galapagos Islands, Rio, Culebra & Vieques in Puerto Rico and even Los Angeles
We bet right about now a lot of people, especially those pummeled by snow on the East Coast, are wishing they had a Spring Break vacation planned. I mean, who doesn't want to escape the frigid cold?
Well, if you’re still looking for a place go, “Lonely Planet” has just come out with their choices for the Top Ten Spring Break destinations for 2017, which offer a variety of unique destinations which may be a little less crowded, and maybe even more affordable, than your typical Spring Break hotspots.
“Lonely Planet’s” Top Ten Spring Break Destinations For 2017
- Culebra & Vieques, Puerto Rico
- The Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
- Whistler, British Columbia
- Asheville, North Carolina
- Hawaii, The Big Island
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Southern Baja California, Mexico
- Los Angeles, California
- San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
- Tampa Bay, Florida
Source: Lonely Planet
A slow motion look at an incoming train after snowfall from Storm Stella.
The cutest little cubs give their best roar.