Your new co-worker …With most of us working from home, lots of couples are getting to know the “work side” of their partner for the very first time. InStyle deputy editor Laura Norkin recently tweeted about hearing her husband in "full work mode" for the first time: “A funny thing about quarantining is hearing your partner in full work mode for the first time. Like, I'm married to a ‘let's circle back’ guy -- who knew?” Her tweet went viral with many chiming in about experiencing the work side of their significant other for the first time.
Some of the tweets:
- Turns out my husband can actually small talk, just not with anyone we know in non-work life.
- I'm married to "just to clarify."
- I'm living with the “flesh it out” and “pivot” guy …
- My wife continually asks, "What exactly do you do?" after almost every conference call I have.
- I realized she was the "one more question" person at the end of meetings. I was shook.
- I’ve learned that HE’S the “OK we’ll hammer out the details when I ping you about this later” guy, and I don’t know how I feel about it.
- I got to hear my wife discuss fundraising strategies for battling brain diseases, and it was super clear just how "up" I married. (Best Life)
So …What have you learned about the "work side" of your spouse or partner?
Embrace the grays ...With salons and barber shops closing their doors across the country, everyone is looking a little worse for wear during these days. Instead of hiding your roots and furry brows, let’s take a cue from Kelly Ripa and embrace them! Kelly started a “Roots Watch” on her Instagram stories, documenting her gray hair growth during social distancing, and it’s the lighthearted distraction we all need right now. Kelly has revealed in the past that her natural color is now a cross between white and as she put it “Anderson Cooper Gray.” “Lots of women are pretty hush-hush about dyeing their hair and having gray hair. But I’m the opposite: I dye my hair, so what? …” Kelly says. Let’s all jump on the “roots watch” bandwagon and share our own personal beauty struggles during social distancing -- including all attempts at DIY salon treatments! Post it with the hashtag #rootswatch. (She Knows)
Wash your hands, guys …According to an Insider/Survey Monkey poll, more than 65% of the women surveyed said they were "washing hands and keeping surfaces clean" to stop the spread of COVID-19. Only 53% of the men surveyed said they were doing the same.
Take a class …from your couch. Colleges across the country, including Ivy League schools like Harvard, Princeton and Yale, are offering free online classes right now. You can enroll in the classes through the platforms Coursera and EdX. Browse the courses and college here. (Business Insider)