Is college still worth the money? Here are some statistics about college from CNBC:
– The average salary for a new college grad in 2020 was $55,260.
– STEM graduates were among the highest earners, with starting salaries upwards of $70,000.
– Petroleum engineering grads started with the highest average starting salary, earning $87,989.
– The rest of the Top Ten Money-Earning Majors: Computer programming ($86K); Computer engineering ($85K); Computer science ($85K); EEC engineering ($80K); Operations research ($80K); Computer and information science ($78K); Statistics ($75K); Applied math ($73K) and Chemical engineering ($72K). (* And these jobs are SO SEXY!)
– Average tuition cost of 1 year of college: Private college: $41,000; Public out-of-state: $26,100; Public in-state: $11,000